The following principles shall guide the operations of CACOR with respect to privacy of all members:
1) CACOR shall acknowledge its responsibility for protecting personal information of members
2) CACOR shall provide advance explanation as to the purposes for which the information is to be collected
3) CACOR shall seek consent of members for collection, use and dissemination of personal information
4) CACOR shall collect only such information as is requires for the purposes of the organization
5) CACOR shall seek any information only for the purposes declared, and shall retain it only as long as necessary
6) CACOR shall take due care with respect to the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of any information held
7) CACOR shall make readsily available its policies and practices re management of personal information to interested parties.
8) CACOR shall, on request, provide information to any member about the information held re that member, and shall permit it to be verified and amended
9) CACOR shall provide a mechanism permitting members to challenge CACOR’s compliance with these privacy policies.